OK, so this is a first for me!! I have NEVER blogged before, but I figured that if even one person follows this blog, then that is one more person I am accountable too!!! So this is going to be a report of my Journey to getting thin!!!! Along this journey I am going to run myself thin.
This blog will chronicle my adventures in life as I "learn" to run. Since the summer of 2009, I have completed a sprint triathlon, a Fight for Air climb up the Bank of America Building in Orlando, a Turkey Trot 5K, a Mistletoe Trot 5K and a Reindeer Run 5K. My ultimate goal is to complete a Marathon and a full Triathlon by the time I am 40 years old. In October 2009 I turned 38 years old. So I have a full year and a half to train for this. So here goes...................
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Hi Jenn,
ReplyDeleteWelcome the blogoshere and running! And thanks for visiting the Turtles blog. I see we're 'regional neighbors' in Florida. Very cool! I have a group of (new) running/blogging friends from your area; I see Dawn (@ Fat Girl) is already following you, and she's one of the awesome members of that group. Do you know them??
I also see you're running Seasons 52, Lady Track Shack 5K, AND the Disney Princess Half. Yay! I'll be running the Princess, too (it's my first half...yikes!). Not sure about the others yet; ran the 'Lady' last year and didn't like the last part (uphill...grrr..just an fyi).
Oh, and Happy Birthday (in Oct)! We've got a few tri-girls on the Turtles blog, under 30 and over 50, so you'll be in good company if you're following. :-)
So, Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to following your training!
Robin
Nice to meet you "neighbor"! Yes Dawn and I know each other, she is the reason I am blogging and she introduced to me a great group of runners from our area!!! I am doing the 5k portion of the princess---not really ready physically or mentally to do a 1/2 but that will be my next step.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info on the Lady 5k---Now I will have to keep doing the hill splits that the running coach showed us. ewwwwwww.
LOVE the Turtles blog!!!!